Competitions Update - January 2021
Digital League Competitions
We have 2 competitions remaining:
Long Exposure – images are with the judge (Scott Marshall) and he will present the results on the 1stFebruary
Urban – BW or colour of an urban setting (so can include street, architecture, city-scape…). Closing date is 22nd February with judging on 22nd March.
Mobile Phone Challenge
Any subject BW or colour taken and edited on a mobile phone. Images can be ‘recycled’ from other competitions. You can enter a maximum of 3 images – closing date 8th February, the judge is Rob Friel and he will present the results on the 1st March.
Rules as for 2019/20: This competition will NOT be open to everyone. You will be excluded from entering if:
· you have had any image graded as 1st, 2nd or third in any competition earlier in the season
· you came first in any competition (print or digital) during this season or the previous season
It is an open competition (any subject, monochrome or colour). Closing date is 29thMarch. You can enter a maximum of 3 images. Judging will be by a panel of EPG members who are not eligible to participate in the competition.
Black and White Print Competition
Due to Covid-19 entries will be digital through PhotoEntry. You can enter up to 2 images:
- must be Black and White
- images need to have a border (not just a thin stroke) around the image. These can be added in most post processing software (eg Photoshop or Lightroom – eg by using the print module and ‘printing’ as jpeg) or via free apps (eg tuxpi.com).
- the images will be judged by the membership. Planning to put the entries into a gallery on the EPG website – members will then send their scores (details to follow) to Andy Leonard for collation.
- Entry closes on 15th February, judging 8th March.
Portfolio Print Competition
Due to Covid-19 entries will be digital through PhotoEntry. Entries must be of 5 images comprising a coherent portfolio of images around a chosen theme (colour or black and white). The 5 images will be judged together as a portfolio.
Images need to have a border (not just a thin stroke) around the image. These can be added in most post processing software (eg Photoshop or Lightroom – eg by using the print module and ‘printing’ as jpeg) or via free apps (eg tuxpi.com).
- images entered into PhotoEntry.
- PhotoEntry input will be a bit different from usual. You will have 1 entry comprising 5 images. The Portfolio will need a title, you enter the images (each with its own title) in your chosen display order. You can enter any combination of portrait or landscape orientations.
- Closing date 22nd February
- Judging presentation 22nd March.
It is hoped that Scott Hogg will be the judge – but we are still awaiting confirmation.
An image cannot be entered more than once in the Digital Image League competitions.
a Phototrek image can also be entered into one Digital Image League competition and into the print competitions.
a previously entered Digital Image League photo can also be entered into the print competitions.
Any image can be entered into the Voigtlander Vito-B competition. here is no restriction
Images should be less than 3 years old.
Images can be up to 2500px along their longest side